Re: 5 Speed and Clutch

To: "Phil Profili" <pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed and Clutch
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:25:28 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil

If the 7/8 works then the 3/4 should be better.  I did the swap and used the
original 7/8 and the clutch slave supplied by Bill.  Everyone, including
Bill said this would not work well.  They were mostly wrong.  On mine it
works fine, just a tad hard.  From what I've seen on the list no two cars
have acted the same after the conversion. They just all seem to be different
with different problems.  The only problem I had with the 948 was getting
enough clearance between the pressure plate and the release bearing.  Bill
made me a custom bearing carrier to get it too work.  Got about 500 miles on
it so far and it still works like a charm. Don't use 5th much but it sure is
nice to just cram it into low.

Larry Miller