5 Speed and Clutch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 Speed and Clutch
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:30:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just received my 5 speed kit from Rivergate - and there is a warning at the
end of the instructions that keeping the early 7/8" (combined) master will
result in an extremely hard clutch pedal and too much travel.

My car is a 66 with the 3/4" (combined) master.  I talked to Bill Perry, and he
was unsure of whether this would cause a similar problem.  He suggested I try
it - but the car's a restoration project and is in pieces right now - so I'd
like to know now if I need to change to the later pedal box, rather than wait
until the car's almost complete.

I remember a thread recently on the subject, so I know there's some experience
on the matter.

Has anyone successfully made the swap and retained a 3/4" master?

Thanks in advance,

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
 |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |