Re: Rear suspension

Subject: Re: Rear suspension
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:14:40 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You can drive out the old bushes with a large drift, a section of tube,
or even an appropriately sized socket.

You drive them in with a tube or socket in a similar manner.

You should be able to find a 2nd hand one. I certainly have one but you
could also try Tony Bennetto at the bugeye barn. He has lots of 2nd hand
parts and his prices (new and 2nd hand) are excellent.

Don't worry about the goo, just clean it off. Just make sure that none of
the
leaves are broken.

If you wish to lubricate, use dry lubricant such as graphite powder or one
of
the dry chain lubricants (try a motorbike shop). Personally I wouldn't
bother
lubricating.

Originally, there were plastic strips between each leaf but I generally just
remove
them.

Mike