RE: The time has come....

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: The time has come....
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:09:44 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All ,
WOW - "Sprites as an unfortunate escapade by DMH"
Once upon a time , in the early 1980's (when I was 21 years old and
poor) I had just restored my Sprite for the first time . I decided to
drive it up the coast from LA to Monterey California for the historic
car races . I spent the nights in a sleeping bag next to the car . Upon
arriving at the Laguna Seca raceway , I was spotted by the local Healey
club . Instead of having to park with the masses ,they insisted that I
should park my Bugeye along side of their cars (Big and Small Healeys) .
Latter that day Donald Healey stopped by to chat with the various club
members . Remember : I was young  and the car was the result of a Lo
budget restoration . DMH came over to me and asked if he could sit in my
car. I said "OF COURSE"
He shook my hand and sat in my car . We spoke briefly and then in a
lowered voice he told me that of all the cars that he had been involved
with , the Sprites were his favorite . I have thought about what he said
to me ,and I think he saw a young kid who with out a Sprite or something
like it would never be able to hold his own in a crowd like that .
THANKS DONALD