Re: The time has come.... -Reply

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The time has come.... -Reply
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 01:17:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,

But back to your original post, why do you think that there are so few
Sprite articles in either magazine? Are they all published in Rick Moses'
newsletter? Could it be a chicken/egg thing? That is, spridgeteers don't
view the mags as being written for them, so they don't send in articles, so
the mags don't carry lots of spridget stuff, so spridgeteers don't view the
mags as ...

As for why belong to either 'club', I have a local AHCA chapter of which
I'm a member. I wouldn't join the national if not for that. Possibly my
view would change if I had the time to travel to a Conclave or whatever
they're called. Neither mag provides more info than what I get from this
list and the various web sites. Not knocking the mags per se; I simply get
mo' betta' stuff for Sprites off the web.

Jeff

>Patrick...
>
>Although I have worn many hats in my convoluted life, the one constant
>since I was 15 has been that of a writer.  A professional writer.  And
>newspaper reporter.  And newspaper and magazine editor.  And publisher.
>So it is not just whinging when I voice an opinion on the two
>magazines.
>
>I do know that I have never had an piece commissioned or accepted without
>the publisher's caveat that I will not submit it to or allow its
>publication in another newspaper/magazine/journal except as permitted.
>There is simply NO reason for duplication.
>
>Bob

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html