Painting and undercoating

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Painting and undercoating
From: d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:47:57 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dear Group,

        My 59 Bugeye has finally made a trip to a local Body shop in College
Station, Texas. Strangely, when I got there yesterday, another Bugeye was
sprawled right on the floor outside, dropped of (maybe thrown off) by some
truck driving R_D Ne_k who was intent on putting his "302" in her. Foot
wells where rudly hacked out to make room for his evil plan... I guess it
might work well for pulling his cattle trailer. Just thought is was a
strange coincidence in a small town to see another.
        Well I have more than one question about the work I'm having done.
Here are a few.

1.Moss Floor Panels - do they finally have an exact match?

2.My body guy suggested putting an undercoat in the boot area on top of
fresh paint. Any thoughts?

3.Any thoughts on undercoating in general? How was it done originally, and
how should it be done now (if at all)? Pros/Cons

4.I will be using PPG paint. Is this a good choice?

5.We will likely sand blast. I still have the option of having it stripped
by hand and chemical methods. Any thoughts? What is the best treatment of
this metal before painting (sealants, epoxy primers, etc.?)

6.Also curious on the best order to replace sills, rockers and floors.

                                        Thanks to all who can help.
                                        David Meduna, Bugeye #12654

David Meduna
College of Veterinary Medicine