Trying to buy a Bugeye.

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Trying to buy a Bugeye.
From: "Herold Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:09:26 -0700
Cc: "Les Myer" <lmyer@probe.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Input from the list, PLEASE.  I'm not tired or sensitive right now so
sarcasm is accepted, just remember turnaround's fair play.

Looked at a '60 Bugeye today. California car, 85k on the clock.  Body seems
solid, some rust in the floor pans and around joints, etc but it does not
appear to be structural.  Obviously it needs paint but the panels all seem
straight. Needs tires(or should that be "tyres") It has a hardtop but said
ht has been cracked and patched (not all that well, I might add.)  The
steering wheel is no longer flat and round but is shaped kinda like a potato
chip.  My guess is that the front suspension is a bit tired.  The engine
transmission, and rear end appear to be sound 'though I suspect it may need
some brake work lest they become "breaks".

Has anybody ever had fiberglass work done on something like a top? Any ideas
where to go?  I suppose anybody that works on Corvettes, or sailboats?

How many six packs should I figure on for a front suspension rebuild?
Where's the best place to order parts?  I can get the brew locally.

What about the steering wheel, does it sound salvageable, has anybody else
ever had one straightened or done it himself?

Should I make the guy an offer or wait for a better car?  What would you do?

Bring me to my senses before I do something rash!!!

Hal