Re: REsale

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: Re: REsale
From: James Henderson <jphender@inav.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:03:21 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Gambony, Jim wrote:

> ....... I've run across cars where the owner has so
> much invested that they'd rather let the car sit out and rust away to trash
> than to accept their loss and move on.  As an enthusiast those are the
> situations that just make me sick.

That is definitely the path I was on before I got some support from theweb (ie
Les Myers "Puddlejumpers" site).  I had about $3000 invested
in the most awful looking pile of parts.  It sat in the garage as a reminder
for about 9 years while we had babies and my wife went to college. It was
hard to look at the stuff when we were so broke.  Especially while my dad
was saying "Why don't you just sell the &^%* thing and cut your losses?"
I'll easily have $5000 in  the car by the time it is road-worthy (not including
sweat).  It might be worth $3000 by then.

Kind of depressing that I couldn't quit my job and work twice as hard restoring
cars and even make enough to eat!

Jim Henderson
'69 Sprite