Re: Calipers

To: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Calipers
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:29:42 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Tom,

Actually, they told me they couldn't get the rotors, which I had to order
from Moss. As far as the calipers go I may have got the last r/h caliper in
their warehouse but they had a few l/h ones left.

I usually check Advance Auto then Parts America before I order from Moss or
some place like that. I got my brake MC from Advance for $35, my starter
came from Advance also and came with a lifetme warrantee! When I burnt it
up from trying to start a flooded engine they replaced it, no questions
asked. Usually I just make a few phone calls to see if I can get it from
one of these sources. My local Advance Auto has a parts guy who owns a MG
BGT, so it's nice to go down there and b.s. with him. Usually they can get
the parts overnight, Parts America takes a little longer. Both of these
places are good for a lot of the odds and ends like brake shoes, points,
plugs, etc.

On one trip to Advance I got a new counter person helping me, when I said
the car was a 1969 MG Midget he asked me "who makes that" when I told him
MG, he said "I ain't never heard of that before, whut's it look like?"

Take care,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget