Mityvac Testing

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mityvac Testing
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:03:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:09 AM 7/31/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Sounds like a job for your Mityvac, if you don't have one, you should.
Not only will it test your vacuum advance and vacuum source, it will also
bleed your brakes, test your fuel pump, radiator and cap,  and anything
else that has to do with either vacuum or pressure.  A great tool for
around $40 and mine is around 15 years old.
>               Crash

Thanks for this word, Crash (and Peter).  I was thinking of checking my
fuel pump to make sure it isn't being too efficient and adding to my carb
float bowl overflow.  I have a Mityvac and was hoping it could be used to
test the fuel pump, figuring it could.

BTW.  Another success for Motorhead.  They got me my parts in two days so
now I have a new bunch of gizmos (including carb rebuild kit minus throttle
shafts) to install.  But I've got to pack for my flight to Poland tomorrow.
 Bummer I can't get to the car.  Wait....what if I throw everything in a
big bag and head down to the garage?  :)

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos