RE: Concours operation opinions wanted

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Concours operation opinions wanted
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:26:57 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm not sure if this idea is acceptable to Sprite/Midget owners...

The 1996 VTR National Convention (yes, Triumphs) occurred in upstate New
York while the after affects of one of the hurricanes that year worked it's
way through.  The way that judging was handled is that the cars were driven
to the building at the concours site that had an overhang/awning, and judged
one at a time at the awning.

Yes, it's a poor way to do judging.  A lot of hard work cleaning the cars
was wasted.  But it was also fair for all (all cars were judged this way)...

There were complaints from club members who attended (although they were
less happy with the BRAND NEW top that leaked anyway  :-)!

And while I understand the effort and pride involved in preparing a vehicle
for concours, in a similar situation I'd be inclined to tell any complainers
that "we can't control the weather, the schedule can't be changed, we'll
pray for better weather next year, you have a beautiful car, I hope to see
it again".

My local club hosted the National convention last year, and I'll simply say
that not every attendee can be accomodated.

YMO

Jim Gambony
Triumphs and Minis and Sprites... oh my!