Re: '74 Midget Reverse Lamp Switch continued

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: '74 Midget Reverse Lamp Switch continued
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:58:02 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The reverse lamp switch on my '73 Midget, and on the spare gearbox I have
from a '72  is the one on the passenger's side pointing forward, with a
green and green/brown wire pigtail coming out of it.   Neither of these
gearboxes has a switch on the left side, so I don't know what Philip's
leftside switch might be.  My '73 has the seat sensor switch in the
passenger's seat that illuminates the FASTEN SEATBELT light on the console
with a weight on the seat, with the ignition on, and the seatbelt
unfastened, regardless of what gear I am in.

The wiring diagram in my copy of the Haynes manual (copyright 1974) shows
the reverse switch, but does not show the seatbelt or ignition warning
buzzer system at all.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows this
system?

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain