Re: bugeye 500 miles

To: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>, "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>, <GuyWeller@aol.com>, <ckotting@iwaynet.net>, <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: bugeye 500 miles
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:47:33 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
These terms are why I like my LBC and the 90% of my job that is technical
rather than the 10% that is "managerial".  It's Gantt with 2 t's.  It's a
scheduling/planning tool.  Widely mis-used by middle managers throughout my
industry to plan and track projects.  The real trick is using Markov's
analysis to determine the effects of external influences on brand switching
and validity of end item definition, but most of the managers in my company
can't spell matrix inversion, let alone do one (sorry, couldn't resist).
CP is critical path.  It defines those items which have zero slack. That
is, if CP activities aren't done on time, the whole project slides to the
right on the Gantt Chart.  FBS?  I've heard that used for Financial
Breakdown Structure, which is what defines who pays for what and with what
color of money, but that doesn't fit Guy's context.  Guy?

ckotting@iwaynet.net; Spridgets@autox.team.net

<Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>

Spridgets@autox.team.net