Re: Dover, NJ (longish)

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Dover, NJ (longish)
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:40:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip,
        Remember several months ago I said I could suggest some great Sprite
roads
in NJ? Well, on further reflection I can't remember exactly... it's been
20years. (probably pulled a few too many broken speedo cables) Anyway,
since you're going to Dover, there used to be some great roads in that
area. You want to head towards Chester, Mendham area (south I think) and
then into the hills north and west of Bernardsville. I used to just drive
and drive this area (I grew up near Bernardsville). Best to go down 206 to
Chester and look for Hacklebarney State Park (nice trout fishing BTW) and
cruise around that area staying near the rivers... North and South Branches
of the Raritan and the Lamington. Long Valley was nice as well. Gladstone
used to have quite a restoration place that did alot of pricey British
cars... one of the best parking lots around. Anyway... I'm rambling in my
memories. Enjoy the show, and have a great ride in the Midget. Get your
alignment figured out first, there are some VERY twisty roads;-) I hope
this area is still as rural as it was. Probably has a damn highway in it by
now. Maybe others can make suggestions.
        BTW, to those going to the Glen especially from NJ/PA area.... go slow
in
Chemung area! I used to get stopped or see many others getting stopped
there. Seems to be the only source of income there is speeding tickets.
This summer I went through for the first time in over twenty years and I
swear the same cop chased me but got distracted by someone doing something
even more heinous like maybe 4 miles over the limit.

At 11:51 PM 9/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Anyone going to Fallfest in Dover, NJ this Saturday?  I can't commit to the
>longer drive and time commitment of Watkins Glen, though that sounds like
>the place to be so I hope to make it up to Dover on Saturday.
>
>If I make it, I'll be wearing my list hat and will have the 1974 Damask
>Midget wither parked near the show or actually in the show.  Would love to
>meet anyone there.
>
>Philip
>1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs