Re: Richmond British Car days at Berkeley Wrap Up

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: Richmond British Car days at Berkeley Wrap Up
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompso@total.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:15:40 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
GMari58175@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-09-21 21:10:19 EDT, jchurch@exis.net writes:
>
> << Have no
>  idea why he didn't beat us all.  Then again, it was a popularity vote where
>  there are so many variables no one could ever figure it out.  >>
>
> That's always been my experience.  Have been in this hobby almost 15 years and
> always been into low mileage original cars.  Never won a thing...ever.  Till
> last year.  Kind of one of those things.
>
> george marinos
> sprite mkII
> an6
> glen rock, nj

I will be writing an article for PDLJMPR about the British Invasion meet
in Stowe: exactly the same phenomena. My car has original paint,
upholstery, and everything. Didn't even come close to winning a prize.
People voted for the shiny-est car, even if that's not the way it came
from the factory. I've never seen so many over-restored MGA's in my
life! If I ever drive around in one of those, then I give permission to
you gun owners to shoot me :)

Daniel