RE: Shocks

To: "'Mike Gigante'" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: RE: Shocks
From: "BOLIN, TIMOTHY" <TBOLIN@scana.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:10:04 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike and all you other fine folks,

Those front captive nuts are a single piece of bar stock tacked in place on
the bottom side of the frame where the shock mounts.  I don't know how
accessible it is by removing the rubber stop.

On my '65 Midget,  that piece had some how broken it's weld and I had a
difficult time fishing it up and positioning back so I could plug weld it
back in place through a hole I had drilled in the frame between the two
forward mounting holes.

Just some personal experience(although limited).

Tim