Re: Shocks

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "BOLIN, TIMOTHY" <TBOLIN@scana.com>
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:59:19 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike,
        Stupid question here, but is it possible to run a longer bolt up through
the shock? Isn't there room to get it in once the spring is out (which
isn't alot more work than changing the shock). Just a thought. It's 6PM
here and the coffee's worn off while yoy're probably on your 1st pot. BTW,
tell me, is tomorrow looking better than today?
Peter C

At 08:32 AM 9/23/98 -0700, Mike Gigante wrote:
>Thanks for the info!
>
>I found a threaded insert that may solve my problem. As you recall, the
>bolt was oversize (5/8" head, 7/16" shaft) as compared to the original
>(9/16 head, 3/8 shaft).
>
>The insert has 1/2" UNF outside diameter, 3/8" inside diameter. So I
>just have to tap a 1/2" thread into the existing 7/16" thread. This is
>probably
>cutting it a bit fine - what do you all think?
>
>Any machinists there?
>
>Mike

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti