Sway bar mounting bolts

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sway bar mounting bolts
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:48:19 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi there listers:

I received my new sway bar in the mail yesterday but it didn't contain
the bolts which mount the bar to the frame via the squarish buffer
brackets.

Does anyone know the bolt size for these 4 bolts?  I suspect they are
9/16" fine or something close, but haven't had any luck determining the
exact bolt size.

Also, for mounting the brackets to the A-Arms, I wanted to get the
strongest bolts available, so I bought stainless steel
bolts/washers/nuts for this.  Do you all think that this will work okay
and do I have to worry about any electrolytic action between the
stainless steel bolts and the regular steel of the A-Arms and the sway
bar mounting braket?

Regards,

Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")