RE: Transmission Help

To: "'Spridgets@Autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Help
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:26:38 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I got mine out of a nearby junkyard, all it took was just a few calls
around for a 79-81 Datsun 210.  I didn't find any extras lying around,
but it probably wouldn't take too much effort for you to find one.  The
going price a couple of years ago was $225 for everything including the
speedo cable (if you want a speedo, don't take no for an answer because
its a major pain to get out of the car).  It came out of a car with 166K
miles on it and I did nothing to it.  While it could probably use a new
2nd gear syncro during downshifts in autoxes, on the street you would
never know it.  Chances are that it will not need the syncros, however
$250 is not a bad price for a rebuild.  If I had found someone willing
to do it for $250, I would have had it rebuilt.  I never installed the
speedo, I just sort of guess at the speed.  The 5-speed absolutely
transforms a Sprite!

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite