Re: 77 Midget value cover grommets

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 77 Midget value cover grommets
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 23:40:05 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill:

On Friday, 25 September 1998 at 21:39, William M. Gilroy wrote:
>Once again it time for...
>I am having trouble identifying the grommets on my value cover.  The
>car is a 77 MG Midget (1500 cc Triumph engine)....

I had the same problem with my '79 Midget, Miss Molly.  I solved it by
finding an appropriately sized electrical grommet and cutting off one of
the lips.  It would have sealed fine by itself, but I put a neoprene
washer (slightly larger OD than the cup) under the new washer, so that
the metal part wouldn't cut into the top of the valve cover.  Later, I
found what I needed at a True Value in the plumbing supplies -- it was a
convex washer (packing) for a faucet; cost was something like $0.49 each.
 The electrical grommet was, and is, working fine, though, so I never
changed it.

Good Luck!

Rich