Re: Another 1700 Mile Trip

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Another 1700 Mile Trip
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 09:54:39 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 9/24/98 9:32 PM so and so (Steve Byers) said. (And I quote:)

>To be exact, 1723 miles from Havelock, NC to Watkins Glen, NY and back by
>Midget.  The car performed exceptionally well, with no problems whatsoever.
> I didn't even have to add any oil to the engine.  Incredibly, the SO and I
>drove the entire 1,723 miles with the top down -- it has been very dry in
>the East recently.  This was the second year in a row that we have driven
>OO NINE to Watkins Glen for the Zippo vintage car races.  This post is in
>the nature of a "trip report" for anyone who is interested.

<BIG SNIP>

>Steve Byers
>Havelock, NC USA
>'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE" (still cooling off)
>"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
>than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

Steve that is a great story. Reminds me of the 2300 miles (no top to put
up - even in the 5" rain we had in VA) last summer in the 78 Midget. Know
exactly how the butt feels.
After a fashion - that is what these cars were made for.
Just out of curiosity - did you camp or motel it for the trip?

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?