Re: Another 1700 Mile Trip

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Another 1700 Mile Trip
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:37:51 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
We stayed in motels (I left out of the story the part about how the squeaky
bedsprings in the adjacent room kept us awake one night ;-).   We are
picnickers more than campers, so we had to find room for picnicking gear
along with clothes, etc. for two people for almost a week, leaving no space
for camping equipment; although I do have to say the boot in the Midget
will hold a surprising amount of stuff.   A lot of that room was taken up
by spares and tools, so as to guarantee we wouldn't need them.  Both of us
like to picnic, so when we travel in the Midget we take along a picnic
basket with the necessary gear, and stop at grocery stores and delis for
the picnic goodies.  Usually only eat in restaurants for the evening meal.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain