RE: AN5-L612 just came out of spray booth (delete if you don't care abou

To: "'bthor@master.adams.com'" <bthor@master.adams.com>
Subject: RE: AN5-L612 just came out of spray booth (delete if you don't care about originality)
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:51:29 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Consider it done. I am keeping the 8"x8" section of heelboard with the
original dark green paint on it. Could this be the only piece of dark green
factory paint still out there? I have been researching this color for over
a year now and am really wondering if anyone has a dark green car with
original paint. I honestly think that the formula we cooked up is about as
close as one can get to "Dark Green".

Two interesting notes: several listers suggested I call a gentleman in
California who has lots of experience mixing up original Healey colors
(can't remember his name - I have it at home). I called him up, very nice
guy, but he had never heard of "Dark Green" color code GN12 and could not
find any reference to it in all his period catalogs. Dead End!

In the book "How to restore Sprites and Midgets" by Lindsay Porter (I
think), he has a paint code section; he mentions at the bottom of the page
that there exists some doubt among historians as to whether Dark Green
existed at all. It did, my Heritage certificarte confirms it and my heel
panel backs it up.

BTW, I think George Marinos has color card of the original paint finishes
including dark green (is there anything George doesn't have?)

BTW, Speedwell Blue and Iris blue are one and the same.

Anyone on the list know of a Dark Green Bugeye with original paint?

Daniel