RE: AN5-L612 just came out of spray booth (delete if you don't care abou

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: RE: AN5-L612 just came out of spray booth (delete if you don't care about originality)
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Anyone on the list know of a Dark Green Bugeye with original paint?

In a used car lot near my office I spotted an orange Bugeye, rusting
away and in terrible shape.  Curiosity compelled me to stop and look
at it, and upon lifting the trunk lid I discovered dark green paint
inside, which appeared to be factory finish to me.  I remember
thinking how unusual the color was, esp. in contrast to the horrid
orange repaint on the exterior.  I asked about the car, and the lot
owner had the original paperwork.  It was a one-owner car, sold to the
lot in 1980, and had been decaying ever since, with many parts now
cannibalized. The owner said he'd tow it to my house and sell it for a
parts car,  but it was in almost too bad of shape even for that and
too big of a resto project for me.  It kinda made me sad seeing it
there like that....

MD