Raleigh Brit Car Fest, Sway Bars, and other stuff

To: spridget list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Raleigh Brit Car Fest, Sway Bars, and other stuff
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:22:17 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Howdee!

Just got in from the Raleigh NC British Car Fest/Show.
Had a great time, and saw loads of really nice British
Iron. I will say, there were at best a hald dozen Midgets, and
maybe three Sprites. Loads of B's, some C's, 3 Lotii,
2 e-jags, and a TVR. Did NOT see any Minis, Minors,
Sunbeams, Morgans, Rileys, Singers ... etc. Bummer.

Mostly, though, I noticed how on the long,
very fast, rolling drive over there (about 40 miles each way)
my '72 Midget tended to wander just a little on the road.
Took a firm hand and all my concentration, if you know
what I mean. I'm convinced that I need to replace the
front end bushings.

But, at the BritFest, I noticed that some Spridgets had
sway bars up front. Mine seems not to have one. What
gives here? Did I lose mine, did someone "plifer" it,
or was it an option or an after-market add-on. I'm thinking
that a sway bar just might help my wandering.

I also notice that:

        Neither Bentley nor Haynes actually show a sway
        bar on a Sprodget, ... but they mention it.

        Moss lists a sway bar, but not any specific types
        for different model cars.

        Nobody shows where and how one mounts -- if you had one.

Can you guyz shed some light here?

thanks,

chuck - wandering down life's highway - ciaffone

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net