Re: Values of our cars

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Values of our cars
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:38:54 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
"But would I sell it for
that?  What would you sell yours for?  And why?  Obviously, DIY is
hard to put a value on, as is love.  But..."

Just my two cents...and I am certainly no economist (did I even spell it
right?)..

But if you buy a new Honyota or somewhat at $25000, it must depreciate at
$3-400 a month, and then you buy another in three years ...ad ;infinitum...

I paid $1300 for my midget, would have paid twice as much.  I've had it six
or eight months and enjoyed it.  I figure at half the depreciation of the
new machine...anything I got for it if I sold it now would be pure profit.

If I spend $200 a month in upkeep and improvements, I'm still ahead!

Golf costs $50.00 a week or more if you play much at all, and most any other
hobby costs that much or more...and we get transportation to boot!

Robert Houston
74 Midget, Katy