Finally

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Finally
From: "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:44:18 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Finally got the Bugeye out on the road after a 2 -year rebuild.  Still not
finished (furnishings and paint required, plus windshield to be installed),
BUT SHE IS A REAL GOER, WITH A NICE THROATY ROAR AND TIGHT STEERING.  A
great feeling.

Two questions:

1.  Anyone know what speed I am doing when my Datsun tranny speedo cable
indicates 30 mph on the Healey speedo?

2.  The hood is not a good fit on the left side of the car.  Some sort of
accident has bowed it up in the area just behind the wheel about an inch
and a bit, and so it is also a little forward at its rear end down low (in
front of the door pillar).  What it needs is to be pushed down over the
left front wheel, and then it should nicely follow the body contour.
Anyone done this before and can advise the best way?  I figure I need to
take the hood off the car, support it front and back on wood blocks, and
then load it in some way in the place described.

Daryl