Re: 1974 Midget and Me Update

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: 1974 Midget and Me Update
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:03:45 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Need to get the Midget ready to be a daily driver.  One of my current
> concerns is the very, very strong gas vapor smell.  With the top up (it is
> occaisionally up) I just about pass out.  It's strongest when one opens up
> the boot and sniffs around.  I'm going to look around into replacing the
> main filler hose as that looks ratty and things may escalate to a new gas
> tank.  I notice the underside has some surface rust and figure that if that
> is the case, the top may have actual pin holes.

Philip,
I would definitely change that big hose.  If you con't find it at a
reasonable price, I think I saw it in AH Spares' catalogue (UK).
The tank is fairly easy to remove to inspect if the fuel line nut comes
out of the tank easily.  New tanks can be had for around $100 I think.
Don't accept a new tank with a little rust in it.  I did and regretted it.
Mine was from Vic. Brit. (on sale), it said Moss Europe on it.

                                                           '67 Sprite