English fire engines - almost lbc s?

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: English fire engines - almost lbc s?
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:29:52 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I wondered if the list would be interested to hear about English fire engines?
In the UK you can buy a low mileage (only 15,000 miles in 27 years) and nice
condition fire engine (fire appliance, fire truck, whatever you call them) for
a lot less money than a Sprite or Midget.

For instance you can get a Dennis from around £1,000 or less.  Some of the
Dennis's have Rolls Royce engines and can shift on a bit.  Apparentley one
particular truck was on its way to a massive Chemical factory fire in 1974 and
set a record speed of 115mph.

So, not only do you get a fast truck, and two-tone sirens, flashing lights etc
but if the pump works you can have a lot of fun washing your Spridget.  I
figured on buying one with my brother so would could break speed limits and
pass cars with all the lights and sirens on, but neither of us have anywhere
to park one.  Tyres are also a bit on th expensive side and fuel consumption
can be single figures.  But, in a few years time!!

Daniel 1312