Clutch problem - not disengaging

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch problem - not disengaging
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 20:09:28 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now its my turn to have this problem !
Rebuilt engine / clutch / ribcase gearbox on 71 Sprite.
New seals in master and clutch cylinders, properly bled but won't disengage
clutch enough to get it into gear. Pedal feels OK, although perhaps a bit
light.
Any suggestions what I should check that dosn't invole removing engine and
gearbox ?
Oh  -- one thing that may be relevant is that when I dismantled it it had a
7/8" diameter slave cylinder.  Couldn't get replacement seals for that and
was told it was the wrong size for the car and year anyway, so I replaced it
with a 1" diameter one. Would that make sufficient difference? Calculater
gives 0.601 sq ins for X-sectional area of small one and 0.785 sq ins for
larger size. Anyone know what volume of fluid is shifted on a full stroke of
the master cylinder?

Guy