Re: Alternator questions and more

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator questions and more
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:14:13 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Mike,

The Lucas ACR range of alternators are all pretty much the same dimensionally
- only the outputs varying for a variety of reasons.  I have an 'MGB' Lucas
ACR alternator for about 5 years or more and used neither the Midget or MGB
pulley but a larger (slows alternator down) Mini Spares pulley.

My car doesn't have any of the US emissions stuff but I would be very
surprised if fitting the 'MGB' ACR alternator wasn't easy - I'm assuming US
MGBs had the same alternator as British ones.

Daniel 1312