RE: Connections

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, "Bill & Cindy" <fatboy@mail.metro.net>
Subject: RE: Connections
From: "Herold Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:31:27 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
AMEN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-spridgets@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of William M. Gilroy
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 1998 8:08 PM
To: Bill & Cindy
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

Bill & Cindy wrote:

> Now people...please...picture this...it's raining, I've got the wiper
motor
> out and on the bench for a quick peek and clean-up, the heater is right
next
> to it awaiting funds for a core transplant, there are no seats in the car,
> I'm waiting for the UPS guy to deliver a set purchased from a new friend
met
> on the list...but damn-it...I'm going for a ride!

Reminds of doing the same years ago in a 67 VW Bug.  I need to go somewhere
but did not yet have the seats installed.  So I used a rectangular milk
crate
as a seat.  Stood the crate on end, hopped on and went for a drive.  Every
was
going really well until I had to make a left turn.  The crate tipped over
and I
fell onto the passenger floor.  There I am flopping around with my head
down
by the floor and one hand on the wheel still trying to steer around the
corner.
I pull myself upright.  Now I am on my knees feet nowhere near the pedals
and
still motoring along.  Finally a turn the engine off, pop the car out of
gear
and coast to a stop.  At least nobody got injured.   The things we do when
we are young an stupid.  Today would never do that, I would bolt a 2x4 to
the
crate so it would not tip over :-)

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget, with 1 seat