RE: Connections

To: "'millerls@email.msn.com'" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Connections
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:28:31 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Wow, I'm still laughing over that one........ held up a match! HA, Ha, ha,
hee, hee ,hee! Just like Wile E. Coyote in the cartoons! My story wasn't as
bad as that, the car and the dumb owner survived.

I just tried to empty a gas tank before removal by using a shop vac
(stripped drain plug, of course). Although you can't see them, gas fumes
are extremely flammable. I heard a loud "POOOF" and discovered that I had
less eyebrow hair than I did before....... Thank god the fuel itself didn't
catch fire. One of those situations where you sit down afterwards and think
to yourself: "what on earth was I thinking?" Ah, to be young and foolish
again!

Ask me about the last two fingers on my right hand and the rusty jacking
point.......never use a jacking point (even on a new car) and.......never
try to catch a falling car! Was just laughing with my younger brother over
that one last night, he remembers my two fingers looking a bit like serving
spoons.

Perhaps we could start a thread on listers most embarassing (and painful)
LBC restoration moments. Do not be embarrased people, we all do dumb things
from time to time!

Daniel T.