Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck

To: SlaterLP@bp.com
Subject: Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:45:10 EST
Cc: kpdii@mindspring.com, "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'"@staff.juno.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This is a good routine if the rocker arms are still in place, but in this
case they are off the engine.  No way to get air in the engine to
compress and blow off the head.

With old Ford V-8s that had alumninum heads it was common practice to
drain the coolant, loosen all the head nuts, then start up the engine.
Worked nearly everytime to loosen the heads.

Paul

PAsgeirsson@juno.com