Re: Heads off, what next

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Heads off, what next
From: Mike Merrick <mmerrick@mail.usmo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:25:38 -0600
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi William:

I believe that you're hopes are for naught.  When you have enough
compression leaking into the crankcase to cause oil to come out of the
dipstick, you're talking about a lot of compression.  The chances of a
compression leak via head gasket to an oil gallery are not that great
(possible, but not great).  I like the idea that was proposed re: using
diesel fuel and timing the drain, but you will probably need to drop the
pan and pull the pistons.  Did you have a different reading when you did
a wet compression test (putting oil in each cylinder)?

Mike Merrick
"Either ride(or drive) the damn thing or sell it to someone who will!"