Re: brake clunk

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: brake clunk
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:19:05 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff,
        A quick thought that maybe the squeal and the clunk are related if a
pad(s) is a tad too small in length it may move up and down in the caliper
depending on rotor rotation and would also squeal as it is not snug in the
caliper casting. It could also be a loose caliper on its mounting.
Just some possibilities that would cause both souds.
Good luck     Peter C

At 08:32 AM 11/29/98 -0500, Jeff Boatright wrote:
One of the front brake assemblies is also
>squealing quite a bit. I put it down to new pads, but it's getting worse.
>This of course could be totally unrelated.
>
>I'm trying to trace any looseness in the front suspension or brakes. I have
>not found any loose bolts or other connectors, but I'm not sure how to
>properly inspect. Any thoughts on this? Are there obvious
>bolts/linkages/etc that I should re-check?
>
>Thanks for your advice,
>
>Jeff

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999