Still Got Dem Noises !

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Still Got Dem Noises !
From: chuckc <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 14:35:13 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
So I have been trying to find this $%^&# noise
for weeks. Cross between a low grown, a hum, and
a murmur - sounds like tire noise? Or a diff or
wheel bearings.

Only over about 25-30 mph (so I can't walk along side
to listen).

Most audible when deaccelerating.

No change when turning or braking or coasting.

So how do I isolate it? I'm thinking there must be a
tool with separate small microphones that you can attach
to like the wheel wells and the diff carrier, all wired
to a central receiver. Anybody seen one of these?

chuck