Off Subject, MGA needs an Engine

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Off Subject, MGA needs an Engine
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:41:50 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

It's foggy and dreary today in the the land of Sunshine.  I wish you
folks back East would reconsider and send our good weather back.

On with my subject, I haven't been able to sell my A Coupe.  I was
thinking of putting a "Gasp" non-original engine.  I would post it to
the MG list, but the last time I mentioned something non-original to
them I received hate mail for weeks and started a war on the list that
still battles today.  I still get some dissapproving looks at the shows
with Puddles because of the non original color I used on her.  Can you
imagine the looks I'll get with a Full blown MGA V8 Coupe, Ye Gads LOL.

The MGA has a tiny engine compartment like the Sprite.  If it will fit
in a Spridget it will fit in her.  I believe I saw a nissan twin cam in
a Sprite at the Monterey meet last year.  Anyone on the list ever use
it?  The engine will need at least 150 hp to push the car down the
freeway.  I was considering a MGB engine but it just doesn't have enough
get-up and go.

TIA

Rick
--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby