RE: Off Subject, MGA needs an Engine

To: "'Rick/Carolyn'" <walters@mail.softcom.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Off Subject, MGA needs an Engine
From: Rob Lewis <rlewis@IRSINC.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:57:34 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, as fan of all British cars, I would hate to see a
somewhat rare MGA Coupe go that way.

However, since I am trying to squeeze as much horsepower
out of my '59 I can, I can understand.

Some very uneducated suggestions for you:

Straight six out of an MGC or the Rover V8.  (At least it will
still have a British heart!!)

Other alternatives:

Look at the 4 banger in a Nissan 240SX or the old 240ZX motor.
Since you can put a Datsun tranny in a Spridget, why not the
motor also.

I had an MGA once and seem to remember the width space wasn't as
much of an issue as the height.

Good Luck.