RE: Shock absorber fluid?

To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Justin Cook'" <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Shock absorber fluid?
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:29:12 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Alas, My kingdom for an archive......
> "shock absorber fluid"?
  Shock oil, different from regular or gear oil. Has anti foaming agents and
other things. You can use Motorcycle fork oil  ( that's gonna cause some
stir from the list.)
What weight?? that is up to debate from the list.
 Use motor oil in the tranny, not gear oil. The tranny was designed for 50w
motor oil, using gear oil will harm it, or so I've been told by the LIST.
 You can use 90wt in the steering rack.