Re: Shock absorber fluid?

To: "Justin Cook" <justincook@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Shock absorber fluid?
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:24:19 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You can use Auto Transmission Fluid, 20wt or even 30wt motorcycle
fork oil or the (20wt) damper oil available through the usual sources.

No, you can't use conventional 90wt gear oil in your gearbox.

Redline make a Manual transmission (gear) oil you can use, but normal
gear oil contains sulphur compounds that attack the brass components in
the spridget box. So, engine oil or Redline's MTL.

If you want the extreme pressure performance of gear oils without the pain,
you might try a molybdenum disulphide additive (Molybond) with the engine
oil.

Mike