Re: Shock absorber fluid?

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Shock absorber fluid?
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:47:34 -0500
Cc: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I used two different motorsycle fork oils in my 78 Midget.  For the front,  40wt
(HEAVY->I had to call the company to find out the weight) and 20wt (REGULAR) for
the rear.  I guess I put around 300 miles on since then, and the car has handled
significantly better.

Side Note:  It has been noted by some that 40wt can damage the shock in the cold
weather.  Since I really haven't driven the MIdget in cold weather, and do not
plan to (flame shields on) I wasn't as concerned about that.

Michael

'78 Midget
'87 300zx