Re: rear brake shoes/springs - help

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rear brake shoes/springs - help
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:47:03 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It is a pain in the neck, but no you don't assemble it all
beforehand.

Put the top shoe in place and hang the springs off the top shoe.

With the slave cylinder end of the bottom shoe in place, carefully
attach the spring to the bottom shoe. You'll need some long needle
nose pliers.

put a dob of grease on the bottom brake adjuster wedge (so it doesn't
keep falling out) and put it in place. Now with the bottom shoe (adjuster
side only) sitting out from the adjuster (the other end is in the slave
cylinder slot), attach the spring carefully.

Stretch it over the adjuster bracket and it will snap into place.

It sounds easy but it is frustrating. It normally takes maybe 5 or 10
minutes of stuffing around I guess.

Mike