Re: Tranny - Rear End - Same oil??

To: Dave_Vrba@mail.sel.sony.com (Dave Vrba), spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tranny - Rear End - Same oil??
From: Peter C <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:44:45 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,
        A "T" series Midget is a MG TC, TD, TF all produced well before the
"New"
Midget. I suggest you refer to the specifications for your '62 Sprite.
Probably no damage has been done, relax.
Peter C
-----------------
At 10:43 AM 12/18/98 -0500, Dave Vrba wrote:
>     Hello listers,
>
>     I'm very concerned.  I have been following the thread about fluids
>     over the last few days and there seems to be a question about using
>     80w90 gear oil in LBC trannies.  Damage could result???
>
>     I AM using Valvoline 80w90 High Performance gear oil in the rear end
>     AND the tranny on my '62 A/H Sprite MKII for about six months now.  I
>     did this based on information I got from an MG web site (don't shoot
>     me) from the UK.  The Cambridge District MG Division Owners Club tips
>     page.  Check it out.

address snipped

>     then click on "T-Series Lubrication"

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999