Exporting Spridgets

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Exporting Spridgets
From: "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:23:28 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Maybe we could open up on this subject a little more, and get more
expertise, if I start a new subject line?

Spridgets cost more in many other countries, as evidenced by magazine
information in the U.K., for example.  I know that MGB's are bought off
dealer lots here in California by British dealers.  A used-parts guy here
says he ships to Australia.  Recycler adverts draw foreign inquiries also.
Shipping costs to those countries are actually quite minimal ($500 has been
mentioned, and my guess is that $1000 is a max.)

Surely a sale to the U.K. would incur little or nothing in the way of
import duty - the parts were made there, right?  (Except for some!)

Has anyone done this?  Info?

Daryl