Re: Exporting Spridgets

To: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Exporting Spridgets
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:13:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Let's keep them here!

I have shipped 2 cars to Germany, one from the east coast, one from LA.
>From the east coast, you can do roll on/roll off which is cheaper, on the
west coast it is container only.

Exporting cars to Europe sounds very tempting, but by the time the car is
actually over there, inspected and registered, $s add up and suddenly it
is not such a great deal any more.
There are usually high import taxes and customs charges, not just on the
value of the car, but also on the transportation charges etc.

Wow, I just realized the cars I shipped were a 61 Sprite and a 74 X1/9
(both to friends), now compare to my signature line...strange....

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9