Re: Exporting Spridgets

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Exporting Spridgets
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:32:34 -0800
Cc: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My .02 cents FWIW: When I bought my Bugeye basket case, even the seller
said I should have picked an easier one to restore. (He had FIVE of them
to choose from!)  But, when I saw that the car had the original engine,
gearbox, rearend, etc., etc. I thought I owed it to the car and hobby to
restore that car to as close to original as my resources would allow.
Now 5 years and much more money than the car will ever be worth , I
still feel the same way.  I actually feel like I rescued this car.  I
wish I could "rescue" a hundred more LBCs.  I am going to show the car,
but it will be driven also, until it is not show worthy anymore.  My
freind who sold me the car ships 5-15 cars a month overseas as well as
restoration work.  I simply hate it when i see a container load of LBCs
leaving his property, but he's my best source of original parts for dirt
cheap.  A love hate relationship.  At least he thinks square bodied
Spridgets are worthless for exporting, but he cuts up a few every month
for parts to upgrade Bugeyes!  When they are gone, they are gone.  It's
not an infinite supply.  Oh well, off the soap box, have a safe and
happy new year.
       Mike MacLean-60 Sprite