Re: 73 Midget 5 Speed

To: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Subject: Re: 73 Midget 5 Speed
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:06:53 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Christopher Palmer wrote:

> If you're looking for a real adventure, I met a guy who put the 210 whole
> drivetrain into a spridget.  Lots of power :-)
>
> ctp
>
> >Okay, I just captured  a 81 Datsun 210 with a good running engine and 5
> >speed trans. What parts do I need to keep? I know I need the tranny, but
> >what else? Do I keep the clutch components for match up later, etc.
> >
> >Any help you can offer, I would appreciate
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Mark Snowdon,(looking forward to five gears on the highway)
I sold a complete 210 drive train to a guy just before christmas that
got me thinking of doing this swap. I think I will stick with the 1275
but since I have the whole car, I will be keeping the engine in moth
balls...just in case.

Mark Snowdon,

PS: Another pair of Midgets found me today. Both 79 and both in decent
shape, and cheap, anyone want a complete car?