Re: 73 Midget 5 Speed

To: "Mark Snowdon" <racer45@bellsouth.net>, "Christopher Palmer" <ctp@gbn.org>
Subject: Re: 73 Midget 5 Speed
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:25:47 +1100
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a 69 Midget that has a Datsun 120Y motor/auto drivetrain.
I bought it as a burnt out 'wreck'.

A buddy of mine who does forest rallies in a 120Y-based car is
prettty keen on me getting this car back up and going. He tells me
that the 120Y motor can be directly swapped for the 1500 motor
and that can be made to put out 180 tractable horsepower!!!! I
guess I'd be putting a SC/CR 5 speed box in the car. I think he has
one to 'donate'.

I'm tempted to do this. I wouldnt even feel guilty because someone
else did the conversion and then wrote off the car. I'd be bringing
it back to life!

The fact that it could have 180hp doesn't have anything to do with it!!!!
<VBG>

Mike