Re: Sprite Heater valve

To: Dave Vrba <Dave_Vrba@mail.sel.sony.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite Heater valve
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:45:11 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave,

Having just done the same to my valve, I think I figured out why the paper
washer and the metal washer is are there.  The paper washer obviously to seal
and the metal one is, I believe a shim so that when the unit  is tightened on
the head, the outlet will be at the correct angle for the hose going to the
heater core.  Trouble is, you have the head, paper gasket, metal shim, valve
body (also metal).  I used some teflon tape.  Anyone else have any ideas on
this?

The inside of the valve used the old packing; I substituted an "O"-ring and
it's a little hard to turn (vaseline would probably help) but it does not leak
out the top by the handle(wheel thingie).

Maybe someone else can shed some light on what was used originally.
Regards,
Dave
59 :()
59 MGA